Join DropBox here

Monday 22 July 2013

Sahabis’ Jokes with the Prophet (saw)


  • Nuayman was one of the most humorous sahabis and he loved the Prophet dearly. Whenever a fine item came to Medina, he would buy it and then give it to the Prophet as a present. One day he saw that some fine quality honey had arrived to Medina. He bought some and brought it to the Prophet. However he had not paid the salesman. He brought the salesman to the Prophet and told him to take the money from the  the Prophet (saw). The Prophet asked:

“I thought you brought me the honey as a present!!??”

Nuayman replied: “Prophet Muhammad!  I wanted you to taste this fine honey so much, but I did not have any money. So I did it this way.”

Then the Prophet laughed and paid the salesman (I. Abdilberr , el-Istiab, IV, 473).

No comments:

Post a Comment