Join DropBox here

Friday 2 August 2013

The Prophet’s Jokes with His Friends Jokes with His Wives


Muslim men and women have to be inclined to choose righteous and serious friends in their lives, who will help them to make good use of their time and strive for the sake of Allaah with seriousness and steadfastness, good and righteous people whose example they can follow. Bilaal ibn Sa’d said: “I saw them [the Sahaabah] jokingly pretending to fight over some goods, and laughing with one another, but when night came they were like monks.”
  • According to a rivayah (transmission) Ibn Abbas, someone once asked him about the kinds of jokes Prophet Muhammad made and he replied:
Once Prophet Muhammad made one of his wives wear a very long dress and told her; “Wear this dress and be grateful to Allah and walk like a bride dragging her skirts.”
  • In a rivayah Aisha she narrates: Once the Prophet and I were on a journey. I was thin back then and I was not fat. The Prophet told the people around him:
“Go ahead. We will catch you.” When we were left behind far enough he told me:
“Let’s race!”
We raced and I won. He did not mention it again until I gained some weight. Meanwhile I completely forgot about this incident. During another journey he told the people around him to go ahead. When they went far away, he said to me, “Let’s race!” This time he won and started to laugh saying “we are even now.”
  • From Numan b. Besir: “Once Abu Bakr wanted to ask for permission to enter the presence of the Prophet. While he was waiting outside, he heard his daughter shouting at the Prophet. When he entered, he marched over to his daughter in anger.
Then he scolded his daughter saying: “I heard you shouting at the Prophet. What kind of a behavior is this!!?”  Then Prophet Muhammad intervened and defended his wife. When Abu Bakr left he asked Aisha: “Did not I protect you your father?” Few days later Abu Bakr came to visit the Prophet again. When he entered the house, he saw that the Prophet and Aisha were getting along very well.” Then he said:
“Wonderful, let me share your peace as you made me share your fight.” Then the Prophet replied:

No comments:

Post a Comment